Jim Harmon, over two decades, he has completed hundreds of searches for clients ranging from early-stage start-ups to global public companies.
Jim Harmon is one of Canada’s most experienced technology sector search professionals. Over two decades, he has completed hundreds of searches for clients ranging from early-stage start-ups, to global public companies. His work has focused on board, C-suite, and VP recruitment, including dozens of CEOs. Jim also specializes in recruiting transformative IT, data and digital leadership talent.
- 22 years’ experience in executive search
- Specializes in technology, aerospace & defense sectors
- Focus on technology, engineering and IT executives: CEO, CFO, CIO, CD & VP-level roles
- Subspecialty in senior IT leadership recruitment: connects large private and publicly-held enterprises as well as public sector organizations with transformative IT, data and digital talent
- Co-Founder of Boyden’s Ontario offices; serves on Boyden’s Canadian Board of Directors
- Industry thought leader: contributor to Ottawa Citizen, Financial Post, Globe & Mail, CIO Magazine; speaking engagements at Financial Executives International, Institute of Corporate Directors, Young Presidents’ Organization
- Previously held business-development roles in the transportation sector
Global Industry Practices
Global Cross-Sector Practices
- CEO & Board Services
- Professional Services
Education & Certifications
- BA from University of New Brunswick
Affiliations & Awards
- Co-Founder of MindTrust Leadership Development Program
- Past Chair of :
- The Ottawa Hospital Foundation.
- The Ottawa Chapter of Young Presidents’ Organization;
- Fern Hill School in Ottawa