Vikash Salig, M.D.
Vikash is an M.D. with an extensive background in the life sciences industry. In addition to his many accomplishments in executive search and consulting.
Vikash also has a global professional network, grounded in his specialized healthcare expertise in emerging markets as well as Europe and North America.
- 25 years’ experience in clinical medicine and life sciences, as well as executive search, organizational, business and leadership development, consulting
- C-suite and senior executive searches: CEO, Executive Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Country Head, various functional leadership roles
- Vast life sciences expertise spanning healthcare services & outsourcing; facility-based healthcare delivery; medical devices, products and diagnostics; pharmaceuticals; biotechnology; healthcare IT; health & wellness, nutrition, and fitness; and R&D
- Professional experience in over 50 countries; M.D. and MBA with training in executive coaching; motivational leader and coach; presenter at numerous high-profile industry conferences
- The broad network of entrepreneurs, startups and well-established health-tech companies
- Managing Partner and Head of the Life Sciences Practice with another leading global executive search firm; provided search services for 3 of the top 10 global generic pharmaceutical companies
- Senior Consultant to the CEO and Senior Director, Business Development at Dr. Reddy’s (North America), a Top 10, NYSE-listed global generic pharmaceutical manufacturer and distributor; established Canadian subsidiary
- CEO and Founding Director of Dr. Reddy’s South Africa, which grew to become South Africa’s 7th largest generic pharmaceutical firm
- Co-Founder of Venturepharm (Pty) Ltd., a pharmaceutical firm in South Africa; entered into joint venture with Dr. Reddy’s Inc., India’s leading pharmaceutical company, to establish operations in South Africa and Southern African region
- Founder and CEO, Dr. Vikash Salig Consulting, a consulting firm specializing in business development within the pharmaceutical industry; spearheaded African operational startup of Hetero Drugs Ltd., established distribution operations in 14 countries in Africa and Southeast Asia
- Director, New Business Development at Aspen Pharmacare, South Africa’s leading pharmaceutical company
- A 10-year career as a practicing medical doctor with a special interest in psychiatry; co-founded two multidisciplinary medical centers
Global Industry Practices
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare and Medical Technology
Education & Certifications
- MBA from University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) from University of KwaZulu-Natal Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, South Africa (M.D. equivalent)
- Registered Medical Practitioner, South Africa
- Advanced Management Program in Health, Manchester School of Business, U.K.
- Certification in Neuroscience-Based Executive Coaching, Harvard Business School
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) Certification
Affiliations & Awards
- Volunteer, Ernie Els Center of Excellence for Autism
- Inductee, African American Golfers Hall of Fame, 2015
Back To Listngs> https://recruiter.directory/listings/